Yummy Pumpkin Protein Muffins
[I] cannot believe I’ve waited this long to bust out my fall baking recipes! Typically, I would be ten loaves of pumpkin bread down at this point but hey, life happens. Anyway, I thought I would share the pumpkin goodness with you and gift you with this super easy and quick pumpkin protein muffin recipe. It’s ready in a snap and you won’t feel guilty about enjoying one (or three in my case) on a crisp fall morning with your favorite hot beverage. Here you go!
What you will need:
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin (use whatever canned brand you like)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder of choice
*(I use Advocare muscle gain. It’s yummy and doesn’t have that chalky taste that most protein powders do. This is my go to in all healthy baking endeavors as well as a great protein source when I don’t feel like eating boiled eggs all the time. You can order your own here.)
*Optional ¼ cup cranberries, pecans, walnuts, or dark choc chips. I just used cranberries but would be really amazing with the chocolate J
How To Make Them:
- Combine all dry ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then fold the optional add ins of your choice. Spoon into a greased muffin pan or muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Enjoy with your family on a Saturday morning with a side of bacon and eggs.
If you loved this recipe and have one you would like to share with me come on over to my Facebook page and hook me up. I look forward to hearing from you!