K.I.S.S. Your Nutrition!
When it comes to eating right I know you may be feeling clueless and overwhelmed. There is SO much information out there and varying theories on what’s considered “healthy” and which “diet plan” is currently working. No carb, low carb, no fat, high fat, and calorie counting can make us downright obsessive over what we put in our mouths OR we just give up trying to figure it out and eat whatever we want.
We live in a culture that is absolutely OBSESSED with food. It’s a modern day Babylon with enough choices to make your head spin. Our culture is OBSESSED with fast. Everything is give it to me and give me right now! As a result, our food is processed, lacking in nutritional value, convenient, and killing us.
Let me let you in on a little secret, marketers have this figured out and they are taking advantage of you. They have learned that we eat on emotion and how susceptible we are to feeding our senses. We have entire magazines and food networks devoted to food. Advertising is EVERYWHERE FOR FOOD. It's not about fueling you but getting you addicted to their product. Don’t let them toy with you.
Remember K.I.S.S with your nutrition.
K.I.S.S- KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE.....and stop obsessing!
Keep your nutrition and you’re eating patterns super simple with a common sense eating approach. This is a general and BASIC blueprint for a healthy lifestyle. These are your baby steps :)
- Stick to fresh and organic if you can. Things that come from the earth as God intended it. Throw away processed foods and packaged foods. This will force you to eat what you have at your house. No frozen dinners or packaged anything. Even if it says “healthy” or “under 500 calories”.
- The less ingredients the better. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients then don’t eat it. Two red flags are ANYTHING with high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Focus on portions instead of counting calories. For meals:
- Look at your hand right now. Lay it flat and palm up. One flat palm is your protein serving, two flat palm is your vegetable; one cupped palm is your complex carbohydrate.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day or every 2-3 hours. PROTEIN with every meal. This is the number one lacking food for women. Get it in! Protein included eggs, chicken, fish, and lean meats. Breakfast is the MOST important time for this.
- Let go of everything having to taste and look like a gourmet meal. Focus on letting food fuel you instead of completing you. How good it tastes has nothing to do with it’s nutritional value. Be OK with simple. Look at food as re-feeding your body and getting the job done. Tip: Cayenne pepper, turmeric, and garlic are fantastic to season with and also burn fat.
These are just a few things to get you started. I would love to hear your questions. Feel free to comment below and or ask a question on my Facebook page:)
Keeping It Super Simple,