Episode 029-How To Stop Taking Things Personally
In today's episode, I’m sharing some tips on how to be unoffendable in today's ever-growing high conflict society and stop taking things so personally. You'll also hear tips on what to do when you DO find yourself offended and how to work through it.
I want you to be powerful, proactive instead of reactive and above all else guard your heart.
1. Protect your energy. Say no to drama and offense that will distract you from your dreams.
2. It's not about you. We get offended when we make everything about us. Other people's opinions of you are none of your business.
3. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Refuse to judge. Ask for clarity. Refuse to assume the motives of other people.
4. Listen and seek to understand. Practice clear and direct communication. Deal with things head on. Can you see someone else's perspective?
5. Let go of the expectations you've placed on others. Respect the boundaries of others. Let them be who they are instead of who you want them to be. Let people be people.
6. Check your savior complex and giving with strings attached. Make sure you're not working harder on someone else's dreams than they are willing to work on them themselves.
Offense comes on the other side of boredom and insecurity. Insecurity always breeds offense. When you're insecure you will create drama and manifest situations where you are always the victim.
7. REFUSE TO BE THE VICTIM!
8. FORGIVE. Forgiveness is not saying it's ok. Forgiveness is not trust or relationship. Forgiveness is letting go of your emotional attachment to the offender.
What I have found is that the most powerful and emotionally sound women on the planet have learned how to do one thing:
They refuse to be offended.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
If you’re loving what I’m sharing then don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Click here to subscribe.
If you want to show me some love then leave a review! It will help others to find the podcast & you could be featured in our Passionista Shoutout!!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Don’t forget to grab your FREE confidence mantra below!
Passion is Everything
Pin to Save & Share
HEY, I'M LINDSEY! I'M AN EMPOWERMENT COACH THAT HELPS SPIRIT DRIVEN WOMEN LIVE FULLY CONNECTED TO THEIR PASSION SO THEY CAN WALK OUT THEIR CALLING WITH CONFIDENCE.
I LOVE SHOWING WOMEN HOW TO MAKE THEIR DREAMS A REALITY AND FIND THEMSELVES BY FINDING A DEEPER RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
P.S. Be sure to join me here over in the Passionista community where you can connect with other like minded women and get all the latest resources for your spiritual growth. See you there!